Thursday, March 15, 2018

Hideaway Quilt with Art Gallery Fabrics and Fat Quarter Shop


Happy Quilting Day! I'm excited to share my Hideaway Quilt with Nest Fabrics by Art Gallery Fabrics and Fat Quarter Shop! When Kimberly at Fat Quarter Shop was sharing the sneak peek of the video....I knew I had to make this quilt. I am so happy that I was able to participate in the Quilt Along!!!!

The Hideaway Quilt Pattern is free and is super quick to sew as it features the ADORABLE Nest Panel. I just love those bears...plus I have three kids...so perfect!



Supplies:
6. Happy Cloud Batting- I chose Bamboo/Cotton 50/50. This is a thin batting so the quilt has a lovely drape and is perfect for spring! Don't worry FQS also has 100% Cotton or the 80/20 Cotton/Poly Blend too.





Changes I made:
I really love the original quilt so I changed very little.
1. Background. Instead of white. I chose Art Gallery Denim in Wicked Sky. I LOVE Art Gallery Denim...it is smooth and light weight...perfect for quilting! I have used it in other quilts and it washes so nicely!
2. I used Squared Elements instead of Pure Elements for my plus and x blocks.
3. I didn't use the 3 Kittens block as my little one wants a pillow from that block ;). So I substituted the Dream, Love, Repeat fabric.
4. Larger outer borders. Since I had a bit extra of the back ground fabric (the denim is 60" in length)- I cut my outer borders at 5.5".

The Hideaway Pattern is a fun and quick to sew. Perfect for beginner quilters or experienced quilters who love a quick project that shows off the fabric beautifully. Plus Kimberly at Fat Quarter Shop has a video.



For the quilting I chose my favorite meander stipple. I find it relaxing to quilt! I always quilt with Aurifil thread!


I really really really love the binding too!



I think we need another picture of the full quilt.


Thank you Art Gallery Fabric and Fat Quarter Shop for sending me the fabric for the quilt top and binding! I'm sew glad I could quilt along!!!! My family is loving this quilt!!!!

Be sure to follow me on Instagram @mellierc and here on my A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog for more sewing fun!

Melanie

Fat Quarter Shop Daily Flash Sale

Happy Cloud Quilt Batting by Fat Quarter Shop

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I can see why your 3 little cubs would love this quilt! It's adorable and the binding fabric is perfect! This quilt will be a companion for your family for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't used the AG denim before but I may have to give that a try, I love the binding and the darker background.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!