Friday, August 4, 2017

Summer Wishes Table Runner with Fort Worth Fabric Studio


I'm excited to share my Confetti Table Runner with Summer Wishes Friday Bundle Batch at Fort Worth Fabric Studio. I  loved sewing with this week's happy and bright Friday Bundle Batch. The Confetti Table Runner (available in the Sew This and That book) is such a fun and quick pattern to sew! I was able to sew the entire table runner including the binding and backing with the fat quarter bundle. I even made my table runner a bit longer than the pattern as I love being able to use every bit of my bundles!


The Summer Wishes bundle features the cheerful Wistful Winds prints from Riley Blake. This bundle just makes me happy! I loved sewing it into a table runner, which brightens up my dining room!

You'll receive 1 Fat Quarter of each (or half-yard if you choose the half-yard bundle):
  1. Wistful Winds Main Print Red - Riley Blake
  2. Happy Day Floral Aqua - Riley Blake
  3. Marble Mates Dots Lemon - Moda
  4. Wistful Winds Red Stripes - Riley Blake
  5. Wistful Winds Mini Multi Dots - Riley Blake
  6. Wistful Winds Blue Stripes - Riley Blake
  7. Sweet Orchard Red Text - Riley Blake
  8. Sew & Sew Apron Strings Lemon Drop - Moda

Ready to sew your Confetti Table Runner 


Supplies:
4. Batting

Keep on reading to make your Summer Wishes Table Runner....


Cutting Fabric - You will need the book for the cutting measurements

Adjustments to make the larger size table runner.

The pattern has you cut 8 triangles, but only use 6 triangles for the setting triangles. Since I do not like wasting fabric, I decided to make my table runner longer and use all 8 triangles. This meant that I need to make 3 extra scrappy blocks for a total of 16 blocks.

From the Light Prints (I mixed 7 of my fat quarters for a fun and scrappy look)
Cut 32 rectangles each size

From 6 of the Bright Squares (I mixed 7 of my fat quarters for a fun and scrappy look)
Cut 64 squares

From 13 of the bright squares (I mixed 7 of my fat quarters for a fun and scrappy look)
Cut 32 rectangles each size

Binding: Reserve 1 fat quarter. Cut (7) 2.5" strips

Piece together 16 blocks


I chose to piece my backing by using my left over pieces from my fat quarter bundle! I love to use my entire bundle!  Plus it makes the project reversible.



Finishing and Quilting- 

I chose to free motion stipple using Aurifil white to quilt my table runner.



A bit about the Sew This and That book


I love purchasing books as they are a great value! Fort Worth Fabric has the Sew This and That book on sale for $16.95...which means you get 13 patterns for only a little over a $1 per pattern! So much more affordable then $8-$12 for a single pattern! 

I used this pattern to make the table runner from 2 weeks ago too. I love how versatile this book is! Plus the patterns are so clearly written!!! I'm thinking about trying the All Squared up Tote next...what do you think???

Persimmon Punch Friday Bundle Batch from July


I just love my new Summer Wishes Table Runner!!! It makes my dining room so cheerful!



Thank you again to Fort Worth Fabric Studio for having me sew this project with the happy and cheerful Summer Wishes Fat Quarter Bundle!!! Be sure to grab your bundle here before it sells outSew This and That Book available here too! 

Be sure to tag your projects on social media with #sewingwithfwfabricstudio and @fwfabricstudio and me @mellierc so I can see them!

Happy Friday!!!
Melanie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!