Monday, July 31, 2017

Persimmon Punch - bonus project


Today I want to share a bonus project from my Persimmon Punch Friday Bundle Batch from last week! I had just a few 2.5" squares left over....so I thought I needed a matching hot pad/pot holder to match my table runner!



A quick mini- tutorial.  Project finishes at a 10.5" square.

1. Cut out twenty five 2.5" squares total
- 5 squares - Strawberry Moon Petit Henna Garden Meadow 
- 4 squares - Sewing School Text Green
- 16 squares- a mix of: Basically Low Typewriter Text Gray, Moda Grunge Vanilla,Grunge Hits the Spot White Paper


2. Arrange blocks and sew as shown below


3. Cut one 11-13" square of Basically Low Typewriter Text for backing 
4. Piece together leftover 2.5" strips for a scrappy binding
5. Layer 
Top- Pieced 5x5 block
1st Layer- Batting
2nd Layer - Insul-brite
Bottom Layer - Backing
6. Quilt as desired. I had to stitch very slowing when free motion quilting because of the thick layers.


 Now you can enjoy your Bonus Persimmon Punch hot pad/pot holder! I love being able to make matching projects and using up all of my fabrics scraps!!!

I  have another fun project this Friday with a new Friday Bundle Batch with Fort Worth Fabric Studio....so be sure to check back!!!

Have a great week!

Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!