Friday, February 24, 2017

Spring Fever Pillow with Fort Worth Fabric Studio



Happy Friday!!! I'm loving this week's Friday Bundle Batch at Fort Worth Fabric Studio: Spring Fever! It is the perfect bundle to create a Spring Garden Pillow from the Sew This and That book. 

Check out the lovely Spring Fever bundle 

I just love the aqua and coral colors mixed together! The florals and patterns are such a lovely mix! The feature prints are P&B Textiles: Garden Gate Collection....so perfect for Spring! I had so much fun sewing this pillow pattern before that I wanted to make another one! Who says you can only sew a pattern once??? 

Ready to make your own Spring Fever Pillow...

Supplies needed (available at Fort Worth Fabric Studio)

5. Measuring gauge. I LOVE this little tool! It is perfect for checking your seams! Plus it is under $2.50!
6. 16" Pillow form from home
7. Zipper optional for pillow closure
8. Scrap of batting (for quilting pillow top)

Let's start

1. Pattern: Spring Garden Table Runner on page 24
Since we are making just a pillow (one block instead of three)- adjust the cutting quantities. I also extended my outer squares to 4" and rectangles 2" x 4" so my pillow would be 16.5" unfinished (16" finished)


2. Sew block together with border (see below)


3. Layer pillow top, batting, backing (optional as it will be hidden inside pillow) and quilt (I stippled my pillow as I love to stipple!)
4. Make pillow backing with preferred method. I decided to add the Zakka ribbon to the back of my pillow....I love the extra detail it provides!


You are done....unless you want to make a matching pillow ;)!




Thank you again to Fort Worth Fabric Studio for having me create a project with this fabulous Spring Fever bundle!!! Be sure to grab your bundle here. Tag your projects on social media with #sewingwithfwfabricstudio and @fwfabricstudio and me @mellierc

Have a great day !

Melanie




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!